Whether your locked down in the house or together via zoom. Get your Friday night mood going with your favourite ladies and good music... Plus some delicious cocktail inspo to kick things off!
We have curated a Friday night playlist of our KW team favourites for you to enjoy with us!
To kick off our first cocktail, we are going to start with a classic cocktail in which the ingredients are most likely already in your kitchen, a Gin Fizz. What you're going to need is...
- 50ml homemade lime syrup or lime cordial
- lots of ice!
- 50ml dry gin
- slice of lime and an edible flower, to make it look pretty...
- Put your most beautiful glass in the fridge
- Pour 50ml of the lime syrup (see the homemade recipe, below) or cordial into a jug or tall glass and add a few ice cubes and the gin. Stir until the outside of the container feels very cold.
- Strain the mixture into your chilled glass and garnish with a slice of lime and an edible flower.
How to make your own lime syrup...
- 2 limes , grated zest and juice
- 200g caster sugar
- 40mls water
Pop your zest into a saucepan then squeeze the juice from both your limes into a measuring cup - stop when you get to about 60ml, then pop 40ml of water in the jug. Pop this into your pan with the caster sugar and heat very gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Don't let it boil! Once you're done, strain your mixture and leave to cool
Get ready for something sweet, with a Raspberry Mojito Mocktail...
- 3-4 frozen raspberries
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- lots of ice!
- 1/4 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup soda water
- In a tall glass, add your frozen raspberries, mint leaves and simple syrup
- Squish the mint, simple syrup and raspberries to combine. If possible, try not to break apart the mint leaves
- Fill glass with ice and add raspberry-cran juice, then the lime juice, and then fill with soda.
- Garnish with lime wedge or additional raspberries, if desired
We hope you are all stay safe, healthy and happy during this lockdown...
Love Kathryn and the team x